If you’re looking for speed, power, performance and cutting-edge tech innovation, a MacBook Pro might just be the laptop for you.
Since launching in 2006, the Pro has consistently been at the upper-end quality-wise of Apple’s Mac laptop range. Its M1 and M2 silicon chips allow you to work hard and play hard whether you’re editing, streaming, writing, working, gaming or anything else.
This versatile computer is perfect for professionals, creatives, students and any other person who needs a laptop that can do it all. If you’ve been thinking of buying a MacBook, but the high price of new models has put you off, there’s a solution: find a cheap MacBook Pro for sale.
But where should you look? Online is the easiest place. There are lots of options out there on the Internet. The problem is there’s no guarantee that the seller you choose to buy from will be trustworthy. And what if something goes wrong? Are you covered under warranty?
It may seem like the most secure way to get your hands on a cheap MacBook Pro for sale is to head to a shopping centre or department store and pay full price. But there’s another option: buying refurbished.
Buying refurbished allows you to experience all the benefits of owning a MacBook Pro and none of the usual drawbacks of buying second-hand, all while saving yourself hundreds – even thousands - of dollars.
Although we’re known mostly for refurbished smartphones, OzMobiles also has refurbished laptops, including MacBook Air and Pro refurbished models. Models like the Apple 13" MacBook Pro 2017, which may be a few years old but still hold their own as high-quality laptops.
Read on to find out how the refurbishing process works and where to buy a refurbished MacBook Pro in Australia.
What Does Refurbished Mean?
If you’ve never purchased a refurbished electronic device, the term may be entirely new to you. What does “refurbished” mean, and how is a refurbished device different from the used goods you find in online marketplaces and second-hand stores? Why should you choose a “refurbished” device over any other used one?
Refurbished devices are electronic devices such as smartphones and laptops that have been put through extensive testing processes and restored and repaired if necessary before being put up for resale. Apart from maybe the odd dent or scratch here and there, they work just as well as new devices. And reputable professional companies like OzMobiles sell them with warranties to cover you in case anything goes wrong.
When you buy refurbished, it’s a much safer purchase than simply ordering from a stranger on the Internet and hoping for the best. OzMobiles have a long and detailed testing process, a commitment to quality customer service and financial plans to help you buy a new laptop even if you’re on a tight budget (you’ll find more info below).
When you buy a MacBook Air or Pro refurbished, you’ll still get a product with all the qualities that make MacBook great: studio-quality mics, professional-level photo and video editing software, lightning-quick speed, battery life that lasts up to 20 hours, a portable editing bay and all the other benefits. If you’ve read the glowing reviews of the MacBook Pro, you’re probably aware of most of the benefits of the laptop itself. The key difference with a refurbished one is that you’ll save yourself a significant amount of cash too.
When it comes to refurbished devices, your options are far from limited. As new models hit shelves, many people trade in their old ones. This means it’s not difficult to find a refurbished MacBook Pro in Australia or another recent device model for sale. And there are many benefits to choosing that option, especially through a company like OzMobiles.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished MacBook Pro
If you’re trying to decide between new, used and refurbished, there are many advantages to buying a refurbished cheap MacBook Pro for sale. Some of the main ones include
- The price. Obviously, this is one of the best things about buying refurbished and influences many people to choose that option. You can save hundreds of dollars, sometimes even a grand or more, by purchasing refurbished. The same quality as a new model from a retail store, but with more spare cash in your pocket.
- A guarantee of quality. Because of the extensive testing that refurbished laptops go through, they’re as top-notch as any model you’d buy from a retail store. At worst, you only have to look out for a few minor cosmetic imperfections.
- Your choices are endless. You’re not stuck with whatever’s on the shelves at your local second-hand electronics shop. You can pick up a MacBook Air Pro refurbished or just about any other kind of laptop or electronic device.
- You’re not limited to older model devices. It’s easy to find refurbished versions of more recent model devices as their owners trade them in for the latest editions. This means you should have no problem finding a refurbished MacBook Pro in Australia and a vast range of other types of laptops.
- Refurbished laptops are better for the environment. E-waste (electronic waste) is a major problem in Australia and worldwide. A refurbished laptop or phone is a device that’s taken on a whole new life rather than being thrown into a landfill, and buying one means one less device that has to be produced from scratch. If you’re conscious about sustainability, recycling, the environment and your carbon footprint, refurbished laptops and smartphones offer an ethical solution.
- Through a company like OzMobiles, your purchase is covered under warranty for 12 months if anything goes wrong.
Where to Buy a Cheap MacBook Pro for Sale
You can buy refurbished devices, including cheap MacBook pros, from many places. But one of the most reliable outlets to shop is on the OzMobiles website. When you order a cheap MacBook Pro for sale through our site, we’ll make sure that you get what you paid for: a laptop that functions at a level of quality you’d expect from a brand-new one, plus a 12-month warranty that covers every aspect of the device, including battery life.
Before we sell our devices, we put them all through a detailed 72-point checking process at our Melbourne headquarters. This is to ensure that all devices comply with Australian standards. Our 12-month warranty and 30-day risk-free returns cover you in the unlikely event that what you get in the mail isn’t all that you expected.
We offer free and fast shipping. And if you’re on a budget, we allow you to pay in instalments through services like ZipPay and AfterPay. If you find the same device at a better price elsewhere, we’ll beat that deal by $10 (terms and conditions apply).
Check out the cheap MacBook Pros for sale on our website and our range of other refurbished laptops and smartphones! Get in touch with us if you have any questions.