Samsung is one of the largest mobile phone companies in the world, bringing out new smartphones every year. So, what is the latest Samsung Galaxy phone to be released?
Released on 25 February 2022, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is the latest version in the Galaxy range. Like with each new phone that has been released, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra offers a range of new features even better than the version before.
So, what makes this new smartphone so great, and how much is the latest Samsung Galaxy phone second-hand?
Samsung Galaxy Phones
Samsung Galaxy is Samsung’s flagship line of Android smartphones, much like the iPhone is Apple’s flagship smartphone.
As of December 2022, Samsung and Apple each held around 27% of the global market for mobile devices.
The original Samsung Galaxy smartphone debuted in 2009 and the latest release came out in February 2022.
All Samsung Galaxy phones offer touchscreen capabilities and device pairing, which allows customers to use multiple Samsung Galaxy devices simultaneously.
The Galaxy devices use One UI, a user interface based on Google’s Android operating system (OS).
Pros of Samsung Galaxy Phones
There are many reasons Android lovers choose Samsung Galaxy phones time and time again, including
- Clear quality photo: Samsung is well known for its powerful and excellent camera technology. The brand offers sharper images, better colours, HDR performance and high-quality videos. Some of the latest models even have multiple camera systems, such as the telephoto camera, wide-angle camera and ultra-wide camera.
- Screen resolution: Samsung has one of the best screen resolutions on the market. The screen can show a detailed depth of colours and allows users to view, browse, and swipe through websites and applications.
- Water and dust resistant: One of the fantastic features of Samsung phones is that they’re water and dust resistant. Samsung phones may have varying IP (ingress protection) ratings, like IP67 and IP68, that offer different levels of protection.
- Multi-window: Samsung offers its users the ability to let them do more tasks on their phones simultaneously. This feature is called Split Screen or Multi-Window mode, which allows you to do more without changing applications.
Cons of Samsung Phones
Some of the drawbacks of Samsung phones include:
- Battery life: The battery life on Samsung phones isn’t as good as it could be. Although higher resolution, HD picture quality and refresh rates may sound great, they strain your phone battery. Using all of those features and more will ultimately drain your phone battery.
- Expensive: Like most quality smartphones these days, Samsung phones come at a high price due to all of the technology and features involved. How much is the latest Samsung Galaxy phone? Brand-new, you can expect to pay just under $2,000. If you’re looking for a phone on a budget, then Samsung probably isn’t the best brand for you.
- Need lots of space and power to run: Samsung phones are a favourite choice for gamers and business professionals. However, casual users may find that the phone doesn’t have as much storage space as they need.
Latest Samsung Galaxy: S22 Ultra
The latest Samsung Galaxy phone to hit the market is the S22 Ultra, which was released in February 2022.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is a big, powerful and versatile phone. This phone marks the return of the much-loved Galaxy Note, although it’s in disguise! The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra takes the best out of the Note series in the form of the S Pen and stand-out design and merged it together with the essentials of the Galaxy S series with its powerful cameras and a big battery.
Some of the features that make this phone so great include
- Four camera system
- Built-in S Pen
- The newest generation Samsung AMOLED display
- More granular refresh rate
- Record-breaking screen brightness
Pros of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Tough Gorilla Glass Victus on the front and back, with an enhanced Armor Aluminum frame in the middle.
- Comes in a variety of colours, including black, white, red, green and burgundy.
- 6.8-inch screen with M11 Dynamic AMOLED technology.
- Fantastic screen resolution: 1440 x 3080 pixels.
- S Pen tucked inside the phone.
- Compatible with 5G network connectivity.
- Compatible with fast wired and wireless charging.
Cons of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- No micro SD expansion.
- There is no increase in the battery size as compared to previous series models.
- The S Pen consumes the internal volume.
- Although fast charging is enabled, chargers are sold separately.
So, how much is the latest Samsung Galaxy phone? Buying it brand new will set you back just under $2,000. However, have you ever thought about purchasing a refurbished phone?
How much is the latest Samsung Galaxy phone second-hand? At OzMobiles, you can snatch up a refurbished S22 Ultra 256GB for $1,249!
Refurbished Samsung Phones
If you have been looking at getting the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra but don’t want to fork out nearly $2,000, why not buy one refurbished?
Refurbished Samsung phones are phones that have had previous owners. However, unlike most second-hand phones, refurbished phones are sold by networks, producers or third-party shops that ensure they meet certain standards.
When buying a refurbished phone, you’re getting a phone that has been wiped of all the previous owner’s details and files so you’re essentially getting a phone that is close to new.
Buying used Samsung phones have a range of benefits that goes well beyond being a lot cheaper than buying new ones. Not only are refurbished phones good for your pocket, but they’re also better for the planet. Billions of mobile phones end up in landfill every year, contributing to the issue of e-waste (electronic waste). E-waste is non-biodegradable and toxic, which seeps into the air, soil and water, affecting the health of millions of people worldwide.
So, buying a refurbished phone means that one less smartphone gets dumped in a landfill and one less needs to be made.
Refurbished Phone Process
At OzMobiles, all of our devices are put through a 72-point checking process at our Melbourne headquarters.
During the refurbishment process, we test every part of the device to ensure it meets high Australian standards. This includes the battery life, which has to be at least 80% before we put it up for resale. We also restore the phone to a condition that’s as close to new and store-bought as possible. We’ll also do our best to remove imperfections, and any that remain will only be minor and cosmetic, not affecting the functionality of the phone.
Where to Buy Refurbished Samsung Phones
If you’ve been looking at purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra or another Samsung phone but don’t want to pay the expensive price for brand-new ones, consider buying refurbished Samsung phones from OzMobiles.
We pride ourselves on being good for your pocket and offering you the best deal on the market. Not only do you save big by buying refurbished, but if you’re on a tight budget, you can pay off your phone in instalments using ZipPay, AfterPay or PayPal Pay in 4.
No matter where you are in Australia, we offer fast and free shipping. Order before 12:30 pm on a weekday and we’ll ship your phone to you on the same day!