These steps are mandatory. We will not be able to process your return if you are unwilling/unable to unlock your device. The returns process will be delayed by several days if you fail to unlock the device before our returns department receives it.
If you still have your iPhone or iPad and it is functional:
Follow these steps to unlock your device and remove your personal information.
Remove your personal information from the device:
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- If you're switching to a non-Apple phone, deregister iMessage.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Transfer or Reset [device] > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password. If your device uses eSIM, choose the option to erase your device and the eSIM profile when asked.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
- Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices.
When you erase your iPhone or iPad, Find My [device] and Activation Lock are turned off.
If you can no longer access your iPhone or iPad:
Use the following steps if your device is not functional, or if you forgot to unlock it before you shipped it back to us.
The last user of the device must sign in to iCloud.com/find on any internet-connected device, then select the returned device and click Erase, then click Remove from Account. It is very important to click Remove from Account; if you do not do this, it will still be locked.
If you can't log into iCloud.com/find to unlock the device, click here to reset the Apple ID password and/or find the Apple ID. Please ensure you are entering the correct email address associated with the device's Apple ID if you have multiple email addresses, or if someone other than yourself was using the device.
Unlocking your device in advance is mandatory. If it arrives locked, there will be delays of at least 24 hours for each failed check, until it is confirmed unlocked.
Please send us a message and do not post the device if you are having trouble completing these steps. We are happy to help, and completing these steps in advance whilst the phone is still in your possession will allow us to assist you as quickly as possible.